I need to be much more intentional about:
- Learning something new every day
- Retaining what I have learned
So now I have a new plan..
- Read books. Lots of them.
- Stop relying on the internet for all of my information.
- Wake up early and start my day with something other than technology.
- Keep a journal. As I’m reading write down the thoughts and facts I want to be able to remember. Review concepts a day later, a week later, a month later, then every six months. This process is inspired by Spartz.
What did I learn this week?
- Bosh: Absurd or foolish talk; nonsense. (<3 my coworkers)
- Matt 19:11-12 is a very cool verse in the message translation.
11-12But Jesus said, “Not everyone is mature enough to live a married life. It requires a certain aptitude and grace. Marriage isn’t for everyone….. But if you’re capable of growing into the largeness of marriage, do it.
- I really like the thought of “growing into the largeness of marriage.”
- In 2010 the average fundraising response rate was .08% and fell 19% on average from 2009 to 2010. yikes.
- Watermelon Friday does exist at SP….and it is glorious.
- Buying your wedding dress is only half the cost. Alterations are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. I should have planned ahead for this.
Oh and P.S.
It’s officially Kate month. Which means in less than 30 days each of our lives will be richer because of this sweet little angel. I can barely contain my excitement. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.